Carpal Tunnel: Risk Factors, Causes and Treatment
Do you feel numbness or weakness near your palm, hand, or fingers? If yes, you may be suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome. This problem starts from the median nerve of your hand which is next to the carpal tunnel nerve in the wrist. Once you start getting symptoms of this syndrome, you need should do needful treatment possible ways. If you will ignore the early symptoms, it can lead to pain or tingle in the whole hand and fingers. Hence, you need to start the treatment as soon as possible. If you want to treat carpal tunnel through physical therapy, you should better approach the best-known physical therapists in Staten Island. The therapists in the city can give you ultimate relief from carpal tunnel pain through vital physical therapies and medications.
Causes and Risk Factors of Carpal Tunnel
Having carpal tunnel syndrome may give you some health risks which may sometimes become chronic to some extent. Some major causes and risk factors associated with carpal tunnel are as follows:
- Wrist Injuries: The excessive impact of carpal tunnel syndrome can lead to weakness in the wrist nerves. This can further increase the chances to give wrist injuries if you lift heavy weight or work out in excess. If you are feeling pain in the wrist nerves, you might have a carpal tunnel syndrome problem. For treatment, you should consult pain management therapists in Staten Island and get rid of the pain soon.
- Increasing Age: The increasing age of old people may also give carpal tunnel syndrome issues. Many senior citizens aged over 50 to 60 years face carpal tunnel syndrome problems. It can result in form of weak wrists and pain in hands that do not allow them to lift heavyweight.
- Hot and Cold Sensitivity: Having numbness and pain in the nerves of the wrist may also lead to sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures.
- Different Health Issues: People having different health issues like high blood pressure, diabetes, arthritis, and other neurological issues may have carpal tunnel syndrome problems too.
Thus, above are some vital risk factors with carpal tunnel syndrome that can ruin your lifestyle. If you find such symptoms, you should not wait to contact physical therapists on Staten Island and get the right treatment from them.
Treatment of Carpal Tunnel with Physical Therapy
You should first check the condition of the carpal tunnel through standard diagnoses like imaging, nerve tests, X-rays, or more. Once you clear the syndrome issue, you should contact the concerned doctors soon. You may also get ultimate relief from the carpal tunnel from physical therapy treatment. The trained physical therapists in Staten Island can help you get rid of pain in wrist nerves through standard physical therapies. By taking physical treatments, you can experience the following benefits:
- Physical therapy can treat you from numbness and weakness in hand nerves.
- The physical therapists may use therapy machines to improve strength and restore the energy of fingers and wrist.
- The therapist can improve the strength of the wrist with massage therapy using essential oils and herbal products. Massage therapy is always effective to treat muscle pains and stretching issues. Also, it can also enhance fingers’ grip and make wrist muscles flexible.
- Therapists will also try finger exercises and hand movements, which can also give good results in case of carpal tunnel syndrome issue.
- Physical therapists may also try to reduce pain in wrist muscles through heat and cold therapies that can give relief to a major extent.
Thus, you can experience all the above benefits through the physical therapies of top physical therapists in Staten Island. If you need such services, you can contact the “New U Physical Therapy” clinic in Staten Island. For more details, visit www.newuphysicaltherapy.com.